NBA Draft Profile – Anthony Davis
By Chris Ramirez
Position: Power Forward
Weight: 220 lbs
Bithdate: March 11, 1993
High School: Perspectives Charter
Hometown: Chicago, Illinois
- Name 2012 National Player Of The Year and led Kentucky to the 2012 National Championship.
- Grow 8inches within the last two years into a 6-10 player; not to mention he has retained all the ability he developed as a wing player.
- Been dominant as a defender, due to his length, mobility and timing as a shot blocker.
- Defends the goal well, he can slide off his man to send back layups and dunks, his timing, length and quickness is so good it is extremely difficult for a big to get a good shot on one on one, even if they settle of an outside shot or turnaround Anthony can use his ability to block.
- Davis has some ability and potential to get better, his touch and fluidity is very good for his size
- Well skilled at finishing on the offensive glass, or laying in off balance and difficult shots with a soft touch.
- Has a nice stroke, he can shoot the mid range jumper and is solid at the FT line which is promising for such a young post player.
- The negatives is his size and strength. Even though his length and athleticism is ideal he is too light for an NBA big at around 225lbs.
- Anthony will probably never be a player who uses a lot of muscle or looked at as an explosive player.
- Doesn’t have many go to moves in the post, and has not showed a lot of go to scoring ability. His size will bring durability concerns.